Let's be real! A yogi cannot be always as zen as Buddha. Embrace your humaness!

Even after multiple training on self-improvement, letting go of past and other baggage, unlock all emotional blockages, meditate, yoga, mindfulness, change diet, clean environment, you shaved your head to become a real yogi/monk, sometimes, you cannot be bigger than this human being that feels small, heavy, emotional... It is not because you are generally a happy person that you are 365 days/year, 24/7 happy happy joy joy. So what is a yogi who knows mindfulness to do on those days when hormones, toxicity, pollution, noise or emotion takes a toll on your mood?

First, I stop, reflect, and look at the root of my feelings: why? Is it hormonal, is it something he/she said yesterday, stress, something I ate?

Second, depending of the reason, I will do different things to not stay heavy and low.
Here are few things I do when feeling down-low happens:
1) I take a detox tea with some pure raw honey and lemon (the tanginess of the lemon and the sweetness of the honey taste so good) and while sipping on the tea, I look outside and just contemplate the greenness and the squirrels.
2) I make a face mask with natural stuff I find in my kitchen: lemon, ACV, olive oil, spices, honey...
3) I make a hair mask using oil in my kitchen because when my skin and hair look good, I feel good.
4) I look at myself in the mirror in the morning while brushing my teeth and I chant my top, best, mantra: Je t'aime! I love you! Saranghae! Wo ai ni! Aisteruh! until I believe it or until I am done brushing my teeth keke
5) I let go of my routine, to do list, to buy list, and just stop doing anything and be 'dans la lune' (be in the moon? means daydreaming)
6) Go for a walk as 30 minutes of walk per day is healthy for the body and mind. It will clear your head.
7) Hug self, laugh for feeling ridiculous, cry if you want to let out an anger, sing, dance, write, read...
8) Watch something funny, read inspirational quotes or books that will change your perspectives and give you the right truthful direction or vision.
9) Focus on what really matters (prioritize people, life, stuff, plans...), focus on the positive, what you have that you can appreciate, focus on gratitude.
10) Take a nap if you are tired, I prefer doing restorative yoga postures when feeling drained mentally or physically.
11) If your head is filled with unnecessary noises (junk: negative, heavy, low vibes), to change it, chant mantras, sing kirtans (mantras into songs).
12) Take a detoxing bath: epsom salt you can also scrub gently to exfoliate your skin while in the bath and put few drops of your favorite essential oil. Pampering yourself will feel great as it means you took the time to give yourself some much needed attention, time and love.
13) Make the most comforting soup: grandma's recipe, mom's recipe...
14) Bake your favorite cookies or cake, but don't eat it emotionally, enjoy a little bite while concentrating on developing your taste buds.

When you feel your lowest, you feel like just being on the floor literally, but being a yogi (being aware of your mind-body connection) you will throw little suggestions like above and you will tell yourself to pick yourself up. If you tried it all, but still feel sluggish, don't force it, be patient with yourself, as the more you fight it, the more it rebels. Just breathe: use pranayama in every ways you know how. I don't believe in lifting myself up so high, my feet are no longer on the ground (I am referring to those people who are addicted to being in trans or high through meds/drugs or even pure energy to feed these addictions). I don't believe in euphoria or hysteria to be happiness. The real happiness to me is actually just the absence of fear, jealousy, worries, all those heavy low vibes or negative feelings. That's it! Being neutral, balanced, centered, very grounded as I want to fully live this life on earth in peace. May all of you find your peace, what grounds you. You will find your truth when you believe in yourself. I love me, I love you, I love life, I love yoga and yogi life. Have the most neutral and grounding day to you all~ Cheers~

Comments