Last Saturday, October 8th 2016

Last Satuday, I was invited to pose as a yogi-mannequin in the store for two hours. It was Hyba's first year anniversary. The event was a success and within the first hour, they doubled their usual quota. I am glad that they made it this far. Despite the hectic weekend, it was very well organized. Everything went pretty smoothly.
It is hard to see here but this t-shirt I was wearing that day was selling fast. It's black crewneck with gold inscription in a circle. You can see the t-shirt on my Instagram and on my Facebook page. I was doing my thing for two hours right beside the DJ. Usually I practice and teach without any music. Somehow most of my poses, I was able to concentrate and even do some balancing poses.
I was in my "zen" mode even while the DJ was playing loud music with beats, cameraman going around and spinning class going on over in that corner. It was a challenge to hold & focus on breathing while balancing on tree poses or any other poses in fact for two hours. I was bit sore after as I did not get to do much warmups before and no Savasana after. I do not recommend it! Yoga asana practice without Savasana is like no closure or conclusion. Always do your warmups properly, take it easy, respect your limits, do not try to surpass yourself as that is how you get injured and always finish with a Savasana. I was glad to be invited to be part of their event/party. I am always happy to grow with my community, see these local businesses become successful and be any small part of their events, just like I love watching my plants grow. Remember to slow down, as everything is so Yang in our modern time (male oriented, fast, hot, intense... see the difference between yin and yang and why we brought in the term Yin into yoga), so I suggest more a Yin practice, in yoga, in breathing, in all that you do in mindfulness for any gender. B.K.S. Iyengar said that the real struggle and challenge do not start until you hit that 2-3 minutes mark where your body tells you to let go of a pose. So not a real flow/Vinyasa but slow flow, slowly flow ^.^ Keep it up my yogis~ Bonne continuation!

Comments

Popular Posts