Traveling as a yogi and the issue with feet.

For 12 days, I have been traveling on a cruise ship visiting Spain, France and Italy. I brought my yoga strap to stretch time to time and the ship had a fitness center where they provide with yoga mats so I did not need to pack one. They gave us some beach towels in each room, so I used that instead of my usual yoga blanket to do some poses. I also got to share some yoga poses during one hour to a cousin. Other things I brought with me were: Green Kombucha tea, dried ginger, green mate tea, other detox and digestion teabags, organic Gravol, spirulina + chlorophyll capsules, and turmeric. All these really helped as on a ship, too much food and 99% unhealthy/inorganic.
I accidentally took pictures of people while taking the beautiful scenery and architecture of Palma de Mallorca. Look at the direction of their feet on above pictures. What I noticed is that almost everybody walked like that: not knowing the alignment of their feet. Don't get me started on the rounded back when sitted! Oh lala! On the cruise, 1848 passengers and 812 crews, plus all the people I have observed in 12 cities from Barcelona to Rome, 4 airports and I haven't seen a single person with alignment on their backs when seated, standing and walking!
On the cruise, there was a guy giving a small workshop on foot analysis and selling some arch supports. I cannot confirm for the product he was selling, but everything else was right on how bad feet can give all the above pains. During yoga therapy training, feet were a big subject. But what this arch support seller did not know is that many of these things can be prevented and corrected by doing some yoga poses plus good shoes and the right way of walking.
I had my feet analyzed few months ago and they were in the ideal shape, well the right one more than left. You can try to do this feet imprint at home by using some light watercolor like china ink then walking as normal as possible on a thick white paper. Wherever is darkest means you put more pressure there. If you decide to do this, show me the result, I will do my best to give you the right therapeutic exercises to correct your ailment. Other than yoga poses, on a daily basis, try to correct your bad habits by walking properly. Good sandals are Birkenstock and the worst are any flip flops. For more details on health, well-being, food and detox, yoga, feet health, you know where to find me. For a holistic health, do not ignore your feet! Happy walking in alignment = yoga! See you on a mat~!

Comments

Popular Posts